1. Hospital Bill Size
You will be given financial counselling on the estimated hospital bill upon your admission. Your actual bill will depend on the type of accommodation, estimated length of stay, diagnosis, type of operation and procedures ordered by your doctor upon admission.
For deliveries, click HERE for our maternity package details.
2. What you are paying for
A typical hospital bill may include accommodation, laboratory tests, diagnostic imaging services, use of the operating theatre, equipment usage, medicines, nursing services, doctors’ professional fees and anaesthetist fees.
3. Modes of payment
Payment at Business Office (open 24 hours everyday): By cash, cheque, NETS or credit card.
Payment by Phonelink: If you hold a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card, all you need to do is to give us the authorization and provide us your card number and expiry date. We will then deduct the outstanding amount from your card.
Funds transfer via ATM, Internet Banking and iNETS Kiosk: You may obtain our bank account number from our staff at Business Office for funds transfer. However you need to inform our staff the bill number and the amount you are paying after you have done the transfer in order for us to update your records.
4. Deposit upon admission
An initial deposit is payable upon admission. This will be based on
- 50% of the 90th percentile of the estimated hospital charges on admission
- 80% of the 90th percentile of the estimated charges for Neurosurgery, Cardiosurgery and NICU cases on admission
5. Deposit for Transfer / Evacuation Cases
For transfer/evacuation cases, the deposit will be the higher of 80% of the 90th percentile of the estimated hospital charges on admission or $50,000.
6. Deposit for Maternity Cases
For maternity cases, the deposit will depend on the type of delivery package. Please click HERE for details.
7. Refund of deposit
The deposit will be used to offset your hospital bill. If the deposit is more than the Final Bill size, the Hospital will refund you by cheque after your discharge. Otherwise, you will need to top up the balance.
8. Final bill
If you are claiming from Medisave or paying the bill fully by cash, you will receive the final bill within 10 days from the day you are discharged from hospital. If you are claiming from MediShield / PMI, the final bill will only be sent to you after all claims are processed, which takes about 1 month. Please note that processing of claims may take longer if the insurer requires clarifications on the medical claims.
1. What can Medisave be used for?
Medisave can be used for the following hospital charges:
- Daily ward charges
- Doctor’s fees
- Surgical operations including the use of operating theatres; and in-patient charges for medical treatment, investigations, medicines, rehabilitation services, medical supplies, implants and prostheses introduced during surgery
Note: For a hospitalisation claim, the patient must have stayed in the hospital for at least 8 hours (unless the patient is admitted for day surgery).
2. How do I use Medisave to pay for the hospital bill?
You need to give authorization to the Business Office to deduct from Medisave. The form can be obtained from the Business Office. If you are a Singapore Citizen / PR, you need to produce your NRIC. If you are a foreigner, you need to give us your CPF Membership number.
3. Who is covered under Medisave?
Medisave can be used for Medisave account holders or their dependants. Dependants refer to spouse, children, parents and grandparents. Grandparents must be Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents.
4. How much of Medisave can be used to cover the hospital bill?
In order for Medisave to cover for your hospital bills, you must be hospitalised for at least 8 hours.
For inpatients, Medisave covers up to $450 per day ($400 for hospital charges, $50 for doctors’ daily attendance fees).
For day surgery, Medisave covers up to $300 ($270 for hospital charges, $30 for doctor’s attendance fee).
The use of Medisave for psychiatric treatment is subject to a withdrawal limit of $150 per day and a maximum of $5,000 per year.
For delivery, please note that for the 5th and subsequent child, the parents will need to have a combined Medisave balance of at least $15,000 at the time of delivery.
5. Can Medisave cover for pre-delivery expenses?
Yes. You are allowed to claim an additional $900 from Medisave for antenatal care if you submit your antenatal receipts to us during admission. This will be used to offset your hospital charges.
Medishield / Private Medical Insurer / Company
1. How do I claim from Medishield?
You need to inform the Business Office that you are insured under the scheme and you wish to make a claim. We will submit your claim to CPF Board after your discharge. After determining the amount payable from Medishield, CPF Board will make payment directly to us. We will send you a final bill indicating the MediShield claims. If there is any reimbursement, patients will be refunded by cheque.
2. How do I claim from Medisave-Approved Integrated Shield Plan?
You need to inform the Business Office staff that you are insured under the scheme and you wish to make a claim. You will be required to sign the authorisation form. We will submit your claim electronically after your discharge. After determining the amount payable from the private insurer, the private insurer will make payment directly to us. We will send you a final bill indicating the approved claims. If there is any reimbursement, patients will be refunded by cheque.
3. I am insured under company / personal insurance. How do I go about claiming?
If your company / insurer has a credit facility with the hospital, your employer / insurer may send us a Letter of Guarantee (LOG) upon admission. Depending on the policy of your medical benefits, you may need to sign the Medisave Authorization Form or even pay a portion of the bill by cash upon discharge.
The hospital will send the final bill to your company / insurer after your discharge.
If your company / insurer does not issue an LOG, you need to settle the bill in full by Medisave and/or Cash upon discharge. The hospital will send you a final bill which you may use to submit to your company / insurer for claims.
4. What is a Letter of Guarantee (LOG)?
A Letter of Guarantee (LOG) is a letter from your company / insurer issued to the Hospital stating the amount the company / insurer is paying for the patient, any co-payment required from patient and other terms and conditions. The hospital will then bill your company or insurer accordingly. Whether you need to settle the bill upon discharge will depend on the terms and conditions of your policy as stated in the LOG. Please note that the hospital has the right to reject an LOG if the company or insurer does not have a credit facility with us.
Birth Registration & Baby Bonus
1. What do I need to bring to register the birth of my child?
- Notification of Live Birth
- Completed BD13
- Both parents’ ORIGINAL NRICs (Foreigners have to bring ORIGINAL Passports)
- ORIGINAL Marriage Certificate
- ORIGINAL Malaysian Blue IC for Malaysians
- A Letter of Authorization to be signed by both parents of the child if someone else registers the birth.
- ORGINAL Deed Poll if parent’s name has been changed and is different from the NRIC.
Please note: Birth registration will not be processed if you fail to produce any of the required documents stated above.
2. When can I register the birth of my child?
Birth registration can be done within 42 days from the date of birth. However it is strongly encouraged that you register within 14 days.
3. What are the hours for birth registration?
Mondays to Fridays: 9am to 4pm
Saturdays: 9am to 12 noon
Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
4. How much is the registration fee?
5. Baby Bonus Application Service
You can apply for the Baby Bonus online at https://www.babybonus.msf.gov.sg using your Singpass account. Please make sure you have the following documents ready to complete application :
- Bank Account Holder’s account details to receive the cash gift
- Personal particulars of the Bank Account Holder and CDA Trustee, if they are a third party (i.e. not the child’s parent)
- Adoption Order and Schedule (if your child is adopted)
- Marriage Certificate (for overseas marriage)
For more information, please visit http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/BBSS/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx or visit the official website at https://www.babybonus.msf.gov.sg/parent/index.html.